Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Ding, dong... the witch is dead!

Well it has finally come to pass - Osama Bin Laden is dead at the hands of American soldiers.  
There are a lot of mixed feelings about this event.  
I am going to call it an "event" because I can't find a better word for it, without prejudice - see I can be fair!

Before I get started though, understand this:  I am an American and I am proud.  I was watching the local  television newscast around 8:00am while sipping my coffee, like every other morning.  It was a typical morning.  Then as I watched, I saw the local programming break into a news story out of New York.  It took a minute for me to realize what I was seeing - a burning building and a sea of confusion.  I was watching the news break in to the local channel's programming right after the first plane hit the first tower.  I watched in horror and listened, and as I did so, like many other Americans, I saw the second plane come around in the background and strike the second tower, LIVE.   I was in shock!  My heart raced and I immediately thought of these families in harms way.  I was angry!  And you can bet your ass that I was PROUD of my country's president (President Bush) when he declared WAR on those cowardly bastards!

On a side note about the death of Osama Bin Ladin, I want to clarify that President Obama did NOT kill Osama Bin Laden -  
an American soldier did! 

Ok -on to it...  Lets weigh this out - octopus style.

 Eight points to ponder in light of this "event".

1)  We have groups that are over-joyed, celebrating this major triumph in the war against terror.
2)  We have groups that are angry over killing their monarch.
3)  We have a world that can breathe a little easier.
4)  We have a world that is waiting for possible retaliation from OBL loyalists.
5)   Terrorism is not a man - it is an act of terror. 
6)   Osama Bin Laden is a human terrorist, not terrorism itself.
7)   Osama Bin Laden, the terrorist,  is dead, because he is a human, and humans die.
8)   Terrorism is not dead, just Bin Laden.

With that said, ponder this while you're in the pondering mood: 

I'm not a religious person (although I do say my prayers, brush my teeth and I look both ways before crossing the street, just like I was taught when I was a kid). 
I certainly can't pull a verse out of a bible and apply it to any given topic, nor do I care to try but I have a friend that can, and this is what her Facebook Status was:  

Proverbs 24:17-18: Do not rejoice when your enemies fall, and do not let your heart be glad when they stumble, or else the Lord will see it and be displeased, and turn away his anger from them.  Osama bin laden is dead.  Let us pray for peace.

Even I, a raging skeptic by nature and an agnostic of theology  crediting science, can see the logic in that one!   
Thanks my friend - you know who you are!

Osama bin Laden is dead.  
Let us pray for peace!
----------------
This is DaCanon - Blasting off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha think?