Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Keep it Singular!!

I have a rat (no, not my ex-husband, the other rat).

The singularization of the word "rat" is on purpose, if for any other reason, to will it as truth.  It would sicken me to think of more than one in my house, but I must also be reasonable... it's starting to turn cold.

I know, I know... In many parts of the USA it's been cold for a while, but for me in my part of the planet I call Texas it starting to get cold... now that November is ending.  (I hate these three weeks of winter - HA!).

Anyway, back to my reality check...
It's starting to turn cold... Rats like to be warm... Holes in the house (see previous two posts)... But I still need to cling to my hope of "singularity" and will it as only ONE rat -

JUST ONE, I SAY!!!!!! 

 I have those white plastic "ortho" brand traps set, the ones that trap the rodent inside and a red level flips up to tell you the mouse is "caught".  My MIL (Mother-in-Law) bought three double packages of them, that was very thoughtful and I am thankful.  I am hoping they work too, even though these are "mouse traps", not rat traps. 

I have Norwegian rats.  They are small, grey and fuzzy, have pointed faces and their poop looks like rabbit food pellets, only kind of browner like, ya know... shit! 

Oh yeah, did I mention... These types of rats are carnivores... which confuses me cuz they are it is not acting like it.  You see, I have these "traps", that my MIL bought, baited with peanut butter, but they it ignores all of the wholesome protein goodness that peanut butter has to offer, and goes straight for potassium overload.
They are It is going after my bananas - the little bastard!

I'm thinking of combining the protein with the potassium, after all, I don't know a single HUMAN that can resist the great combination of peanut butter and bananas... certainly this rat isn't that foolish either!
We will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha think?