Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Update...

During the hunt, the hunter has got to be smarter than the hunted.  The hunter should always be in control... control his/her breathing, control his/her army (and/or arsenal) and control his/her surroundings, but most importantly...
The hunter must control the prey's movements through dictation.  - S.  DaCannon

Ok - so I wanted to start off with something corny... I think I was successful!!  Very successful because the more I read that rubbish, the more I laugh.

With that said...
The above statement is as true as it is corny. 

In my last post, I wrote about a rat.  I want this bastard gone!  So, I thought like a hunter.  I used to hunt deer and black bear in the woods every season with my twin sister before I moved to Texas so I know a thing or two about baiting, tracking, when to strike and well... when to stand your ground and when to *run!*

(*Side note:  Black bear are very agile and quiet creatures for being so large and clumsy looking while moving through the woods.  They can be standing within 10 feet of you before you know it... all without you hearing their approach.  It was on that that occasion that we both just stood our ground in a flanking position on the bear, locked and loaded, ready to shoot if needed.  Luckily, the mother's cubs had chosen to run down a side path, otherwise, there is a good possibility that I would not be writing this today, or worse... I would have lost my twin).

So I engaged my hunting brain to trap this rat.  I thought of my sister's "hunter philosophy"...

"I don't hope [the prey comes to my bait pile]... I EXPECT it!"

With that philosophy in mind, I dictated where this little rat should move and what it should eat.  I started by putting it's (apparently) favorite midnight snack in the fridge so it wouldn't eat MY stash... and decided that if, come tomorrow morning, the little bastard opened the refrigerator door and got to those bananas..  

we are fucking moving... right fucking NOW!!  

I don't want to be living with Hercules the Robo-Rodent!! 


I left the previously rejected peanut butter in the mouse trap, but also added a chunk of banana.  I figured that if the bugger has a taste for it I might as well use it to my advantage.

It worked!!  I got my rat! 

I am excited that I got my prey, and I'm betting that if the bananas could talk they'd be overjoyed as well.

 I still hope, err, expect that this is the ONLY one I have to trap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha think?